Accountability is not about giving people more responsibility or punishing them for errors. The actual goal of accountability is simple – encourage actions that are consistent with desired results. The Accountability at Work Online Course will show you how you can achieve and implement this in your workplace.
This online course leads you through the concept and practices of accountability in two respects – personal and mutual accountability. The first half of the course focuses on encouraging actions that are consistent with behaviour related expectations, while the second half of the online course provides insight into taking actions that are consistent with task-related expectations. Breaking the concept and practices of accountability down to the personal and mutual level, presents you with the opportunity to develop a more complete understanding of how to implement a culture of accountability in your workplace.
- Identify the benefits of accountability and the areas in which it is most important
- Recognize the components for building personal accountability
- Recognize the components for encouraging mutual accountability
- Overcome obstacles to accountability
- Engage in conversations that resolve broken agreements and lead to a greater commitment to expectations in the future