According to a study published in the Harvard Business Review, the best decision makers are “informed skeptics” who possess strong analytical skills. However, only 38% of employees fall into this category.
Analytical thinking, or the ability to systematically and logically work through an issue, focuses on using evidence as the basis for decision making. Judgments based on hard data are proven to be more accurate than those based on individual experience.
The Analytical Thinking Skills online course helps you to develop the ability to systematically and logically work through issues by following a six-step process that begins with forming the issue into a question that can be answered. You learn how to research and isolate the highest quality data needed to answer that question and analyze the data gathered in order to come to a verifiable conclusion or hypothesis that shows cause and effect. The last half of the online course focuses on clearly communicating the analysis.
- Follow a systematic process that leads to objective, verifiable conclusions
- Focus on and gather the information required to address the issue
- Assess the data you gather by following the principles of logic and reasoning
- Communicate your analysis in a relatable and clear manner
- Use your analysis to effect objective decision making