Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let’s face it, we have all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. The Business Etiquette Course will help you look and sound your best no matter what the situation.
This online training course examines the basics. Most importantly, to be considerate of others, dress and appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and ‘the handshake’, conversation skills, small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, proper business email and telephone etiquette.
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression
- Understand how to use a business card effectively
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners
- Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black-tie dress code