For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something.
The Communication Strategies online training course will help you understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These proven strategies will be off great benefit to you and will trickle down and throughout the people you are communicating with. The course will leave you positively impacting on everyone you are involved with or around.
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Ask good questions
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
- Learn best ways to converse and network with others
- Identify and mitigate precipitating factors
- Establish common ground with others
- Use “I” messages