When most people hear the words “creative problem solving” they think of a haphazard random approach to generating solutions. While it does in fact involve allowing ideas to flow, there is most certainly a rhyme and reason to the process. In this online course, you will learn techniques for generating a variety of relative novel ideas, problem resolution and how to evaluate effectiveness once a problem is solved.
At the core of the course is a single case study which serves as a springboard for post application. At the end of each module, you are presented with new circumstances and conversations that’s specifically relate to the learning material in the module – allowing you to witness the concepts of creative problem solving and/or the effects of the lack thereof in action. You are called to not only assess the effectiveness of the characters’ ability to apply the concepts to the situation, but also put them into practice yourself.
- Examine the most common myths and misperceptions about creativity and creative people.
- Understand the six laws that set the framework for creative problem solving.
- Learn how to use a variety of problem solving techniques to generate solutions.
- Learn how to avoid the most common mental roadblocks to creative and clear thinking.
- Identify techniques that will help you to evaluate and prioritize options.
- Put the concepts of creative problem solving into practice.