Although people often think of boardrooms, suits and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. With this online training course, you will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations and the skills needed for successful negotiating.
The Negotiation Skills elearning course will give you a sense of understanding your opponent and give you the confidence to not settle for less than what you feel is fair. You will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as uneven negations could lead to problems in the future.
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else