🛠️ Soft Skills For Professionals
Features Of Effective Leadership Training
The need for effective leadership training cannot be overemphasized.
In today’s business world, leaders across public, private as well as not-for-profit sectors need to know how to deliver tangible results in this rapidly changing economy.
This may entail working with global or virtual teams which can only be possible and very useful if such leaders have undergone leadership training.
But how many of these leaders are developing the skills they need to stay on top of the trends in their sectors?
Face to face intensive leadership training appears to be phasing out gradually as more than 77% participants prefer leadership e-learning courses to enhance classroom training, according to a recent study conducted by Towards Maturity in partnership with KPMG UK.
The research was conducted to find out how leaders chose to develop their skills and how useful those training options are. Of course, this does not imply that taking standard classes isn’t essential, but the advent of mobile devices has made it easier for leaders to embark on these training programs without necessarily leaving the comfort of their homes or workplace.
Leaders are known for visualizing plans, inspiring subordinates, and planning the required course of action. The ability to use power efficiently along with commitment and optimism makes an individual stand out as an effective leader.
Therefore, an effective leadership training should include:
- Learning how to engage in conversation about how things are working – or not working.
- Learning how to develop a sense of self-awareness, i.e. every individual/leader has a weakness. Knowing these blind spots and how to turn them around for good enhances leadership skills and development.
- Recognizing good performance and having the ability to identify it in clear and concrete terms.
- Learning how to connect with others, what motivates their subordinates and how to support them with feedback and specific rewards which are personalized to each employee.
- Learning the ability to create a team that enhances one another’s weaknesses and strengths.
Leadership training is essential for every organization and its leaders.
This will go a long way to transform the work environment for good, leading to better and faster output from employees and leaders alike.